Most Annoying Things Cruise ship Passengers do in the Dining Room
Here are some of the most annoying things passengers on a cruise ship can do from a waiter’s point of view.
1. Ordering Multiply main courses. Oh man I know its free of charge but you don’t need to look like pig and have three plates in front of you.
2. Clapping when someone drops something. Like you've never broken a glass at home.
3. Fake Birthdays. Every ship has passengers manifest and we know when is your birthday so is silly
when you order a birthday cake when is not your birthday.
4. Once the server has greeted you Hi, I my name is ____, how are you today. You immediately respond by saying, can I have a diet coke? (RUDE)
5. Documenting every course with flash cameras (take pictures next to windows instead!)
6. Ordering drinks one at a time. So waiter is approaching the table and one person orders a cappuccino. He looks around the table expectantly “Anyone else?” No reply, order the coffee, return to table. “Ooh can I get one of those?” “Sure you can, anyone else?” No reply, go and order the second coffee, return to table. “Oooh, can I get a……” People – please try and organise yourselves. Four trips to one table just to get you a round of drinks is a waste of your time. If you were the ‘someone else’, bet you’d be complaining about this too.
7. Guest Complaining about the meal after he finishes eating all of it. What exactly is the point of complaining after you’ve eaten something? So basically you just look like a jerk who's trying to make someone feel bad, which you are.
8. Ordering while on a cell phone/texting. Interacting with anyone while on your cell phone is just straight up rude. Don't do it.
9. Stealing Servers Pen -- Never steal your server's pen! Unless you see the logo of the Cruise company on the pen, your server has most likely paid for it. No matter the size of the tip you might leave her/him, taking the pen is some kind of final passive-aggressive display of power and authority over the server. Don't put the pen in your mouth. Aside from any bizarre relation to the previous underwear-theft analogy, it's simply for your, ahem, protection. I don't care if you suck on my pen as much as you should care about where that pen has previously been.
10. Not tipping at the end of the cruise. Servers on cruise ships depend of guests graduates, because the company salary is not more than a 100$ a month. Gratuities are paid at the end of the cruise so if passengers don’t leave tips they loose money. But don’t you think that the server forgot about you, if you come back on the same cruise you will be ignored by the same waiter and he will tell the waiter who is serving you about his experience. Therefore you will not get great service again.
11. Hand the server your empty glass or plate when their hands are already full. Hey, use your head. Clearly if the server’s hands are full, this is not the ideal time to hand them your empty glass. Putting it at the edge of the table will do just fine.
12. Scrounge For Free Stuff -- Few things are more pathetic than a person of means trying to get free things. Some guests like to be in a spotlight all the time and complain like crazy. This is brought to Maitre D attention and they try to make this torsos happy.
13. Ignoring the server -- When server is at the table, he is there to help you. He is not some creepy third wheel trying to kill the mood. He is employed to facilitate your dining experience -- to get you stuff. Give her/him a minute of your attention, and she/he will make your night as smooth as possible. On the other hand, don't tell her/him you're ready to order when you're obviously not. And when you are finally ready to order, never wave when she/he is speaking with another table.
What was the most annoying thing passanger did when you served him/her?