Zenith to Leave Pullmantur Fleet in 2020

Jul 10, 2019

The Spanish cruise line Pullmantur Cruises has confirmed that their cruise ship “Zenith” will leave the fleet in early 2020. The withdrawal of the Zenith will cause cancellation of the routes to the Canary Islands and Madeira.

As for the itineraries in Northern Europe scheduled for the 2020 season on board Zenith- "they will be operated by Pullmantur ship Monarch, point out company sources.

These same sources assure that soon they will announce how the company plans to replace this ship and details about the growth plans. "This development is the next step in the company’s strategy to convert Pullmantur Cruceros into the most successful Spanish cruise line of all time," the line said.

As of today, the Pullmantur fleet consists of four ships. In addition to the Zenith (refurbished in 2012 and with capacity for 1,800 cruise passengers), the company operates the cruise ship Sovereign, refurbished in 2014, with capacity for 2,700 passengers, the Horizon, refurbished in 2012 and like the Zenith with capacity for 1,800 cruise passengers, and the Monarch, with a total capacity of 2,752 passengers on 12 decks, is the largest of the four that sails with Pullmantur Cruceros. On this last ship, it should be recalled that Pullmantur recently invested 8.5 million euros in renovations.

Pullmantur is a joint venture between the Springwater Fund with 51%, and Royal Caribbean retains the remaining 49% of ownership. In 2018 Pullmantur reached a turnover of about 360 million euros.

Articles that might interest you